St. Kitts CitizenshipInvestment Programme
St. Kitts allows foreigners to obtain citizenship through a government sponsored investment programme called Citizenship by Investment. The programme started in 1984 and is the oldest programme of this kind in the world. The programme is internationally accepted and approved.
Five of the greatest attractions of the St. Kitts programme are:
- No residency in St. Kitts is required either to obtain or to retain citizenship; and
- A St. Kitts passport enables the holder to enter more than 125 countries without a visa. These countries include the UK, Canada and the European Union.
- A visit to St. Kitts is not necessary to obtain or retain citizenship.
- Dual or multiple citizenships is allowed.
- Citizens are not liable to personal income tax as St. Kitts has no such tax.
The requirements of becoming a citizen by investment are:
The main applicant:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have made an investment in the prescribed amount
- Must meet other application requirements, namely:
- Satisfactory due diligence
- Submission of application forms and supporting documents in the prescribed manner
All applicants of the programme are subjected to rigorous due diligence background checks.
The main applicant:
A person wishing to become a citizen through the programme has two options. He must either invest in an approved real estate or make a charitable contribution to a public charity known as the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation. Under the former, the applicant makes a minimum investment of US$400,000.00 in approved real estate. Normally this is though the purchase of a residential apartment or commercial unit in an approved development.
Investment in Approved Real Estate
To qualify for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis under the real-estate option of its Citizenship-by-Investment Program, the Government requires an investment of at least US$ 400,000 in approved real estate.
On approval in principle of an application under the real estate investment option the following fees are payable to the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis:
- US$ 50,000.00 for the main applicant.
- US$ 25,000.00 for the spouse of the main applicant
- US$ 25,000.00 for each child of the main applicant under the age of 18
- US$ 50,000.00 for each qualified dependent of the main applicant above the age of 18 other than spouse
- Children over 18 years but below 25 must be in a full time learning institution and fully supported by parents.
In addition to these fees, there are also the normal purchase costs (mainly compulsory insurance fund contribution and conveyance fees) of approximately 4 – 5% of the purchase price.
To qualify for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis under the SIDF (The Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation) Option, the Government requires a contribution to the St. Kitts and Nevis Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation, a public charity audited by PricewaterhouseCoopers. Under this option, there are four different categories:
- Single Applicant: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 250,000 is required
- Applicant with up to three family members (i.e. one spouse and two children below the age of 18): a non-refundable contribution of US$ 300,000 is required
- Applicant with up to five family members (i.e. one spouse and four children below the age of 18): a non-refundable contribution of US$ 350,000 is required
- Applicant with up to seven family members: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 450,000 is required
In each of these categories, the above amounts include all government fees with exception to due diligence fees. In case of unmarried dependent children who are older than 18 but younger than 25, they can also be included in the same application provided an additional fee of US$ 50,000 is paid to the Government.
In addition to the amounts mentioned above, an applicant whether under the Real Estate or SIDF must pay the following fees for Due Diligence and processing of the application:
- US$7,500.00 for the main applicant
- US$4,000.00 for each dependent over 16 years
How to apply
For more information about application process including the timelines and our professional fees, please contact us directly.
Wilfred Services is able to facilitate persons or families wishing to obtain citizenship under this program through its alliance with one of the most notable lawyers and agents in St. Kitts and Nevis